Wednesday, February 8, 2012

what to blog?

I've always loved style blogs. Whether I'm reading Tavi's teenage rants (thestylerookie.com), admiring Susie's bubbly (LOL!) personality (stylebubble.typepad.com), or wondering why such gorgeous J. Crew pants would ever repel a man (manrepeller.com), it's a great way to pass time and admire clothes you could only dream of having. Yes, let's face it. I doubt any of us have a closet that rivals Susie Lau's closet. In fact, the H&M sweater ($19.99) that I'm wearing now is the same one that I wore last Monday...so I couldn't be one of those style bloggers who photographs the crazy ensembles they put together. Unfortunately, I don't have connections with industry professionals, so I can't be one of those style bloggers who talks to Estee Lauder...also she died in 2004. I can't be one of those super cool hipsters who finds vintage pieces from thrift stores, because my mom would give me the ever classic "I'm going to say 'OK' but on the inside I'm judging you because you don't need to stop at the Salvation Army when we can just buy you something at the mall" and shit: I can't drive. So I'm going to be the American consumer. The non-hipster, non-connected, non-hoarder blogger who admires from afar and desperately hopes for a knockoff.

this is the knockoff.

~emma (that's not my name, but it's my favorite book)

No comments:

Post a Comment